What is Non-branded keywords?
Non-branded keywords refer to search terms that do not contain a specific brand name or trademark. These are generic phrases that internet users type into search engines when looking for information, products, or services without any clear intention of purchasing from a particular company.
In the world of digital marketing and SEO, non-branded keywords have become an essential part of online strategy. They can help businesses reach new audiences and boost their website traffic by targeting customers who may not be familiar with their brand.
Using non-branded keywords in an SEO strategy requires careful research and planning. Companies need to identify which phrases are most relevant to their business while also considering the level of competition for those terms.
The Benefits of Targeting Non-Branded Keywords
By including non-branded keywords in your SEO strategy, you can:
- Increase your website traffic: By targeting broader audience segments, you can capture more organic traffic and improve your chances of converting them into paying customers over time.
- Diversify Your Traffic Sources: Instead of relying on paid advertising like Google AdWords or social media campaigns to reach potential customers, leveraging non-brands can deliver high intent buyers right at your door step completely organically; diversifying resources is always recommended in case one falls short unexpectedly.
- Better Understand Your Audience: Analyzing the types of searches performed by people who land on your site via non-brand keyword clicks will give insights regarding what visitors interested about apart from obvious main topics but also engagement depths across different pages perhaps indicating potential areas for improvement/optimization efforts.
The Challenges You May Face While Targeting Non-Branded Keywords
Few challenges which companies may face while targeting non-branded keywords include:
- Higher Competition: Since non-branded keywords are broader, they tend to have more competition from other websites trying to rank for the same terms.
- Limited Targeting Options: Non-branded keyword targeting has limitations when it comes to choosing specific audience segments. Companies will need separate strategies if they want to cater their messaging efforts differently towards more "niche" audiences or geolocated areas in order attract relevant traffic.
- Less Immediate ROI: In comparison with branded search, seeing tangible results from a strictly unbranded SEO campaign takes time and depends heavily on your website's existing authority; if you're just starting out or lack established presence then a strong long-term SEO effort is advised over short-term expectations in this regard.